Thursday, June 23, 2011

Search It Out

Luke 19:10 - For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.

Job 29:16 - I was a father to the needy, and I searched out the cause of him whom I did not know.

These verses were referenced in a class session after "Persecuted Church Night". They are two verses I can't stop contemplating. God is using them to stir something in my soul. Thankfully.

Most people, myself included, read Luke 19:10 and focus on Jesus saving the lost. But the fact that He seeks us first is catching my attention. I know it's only because of Him I have faith. But our God is not One to just wait for people to come to Him so He may save them. He searches for them, He seeks them out actively.

If we are in Christ, we go where He goes, we do as He does. Job understood this. He did as his God did. Job knew he had a calling. Even if he didn't know the specifics, he looked for them. Our life has to be like that. Jesus told us our calling. We all have a call to the widow, the orphan, the poor, and the lost. What God wants us specifically to do with each will vary. But that doesn't mean we should sit idly and wait til we feel like giving to the homeless, or like loving the widow, or til we feel like sharing the gospel with a lost soul. We are not ruled by feelings, but by His Spirit. We are to seek Him, search out the causes that are on His heart, and then ask the specifics of what are to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment