Wednesday, July 21, 2010

On to completion!

So many times I hear people say how they want a love that accepts them - flaws and all. I get it. Everyone wants to be loved completely. Everyone wants to know they are loved despite their shortcomings. But the way I hear people talk about this and the way I witness this love in action...I can't help but long for more than that.

I don’t want a love that looks at me and says “I love you, so I’ll just accept that that’s how you are”. I don't want a love that let's me get comfortable and stagnant. I want a love that accepts me. I don't want a love that accepts my flaws.

And then it hit me - I KNOW love like that. My Father in heaven knows me completely – the good, the bad, the ugly...the horrendous. He accepts me. He welcomes me. He wants me to be with Him. He loves me – completely. So completely that He won’t just accept my flaws. Can’t. He loves me so much that He wants me to grow. He looks at me and says “You are mine and I love you unconditionally. But I can't let you just sit in your pool of sin. Take My Son's hand and walk with Him back to Me."

Gladly! Thank You for loving me too much to leave me this way.



"...he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Phil 1:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment