Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Komen and Planned Parenthood

Pardon me, I'm feeling ranty...

So, I saw the article on The Komen Foundation cutting ties with Planned Parenthood, and since then, I've seen everyone's opinions on it as well. I'll admit, I'm not one-hundred percent behind the Komen Foundation. I support what they are trying to do, but I think it's become more of a market than anything, and to be honest, that part makes me ill. But I thanked God when I saw that they cut ties with Planned Parenthood...

And I honestly couldn't help but chuckle when I read comments complaining that the fund for cancer screening was taken away. Perhaps they'd have funds for cancer screening if they redistributed the money they use for abortion costs.

And then I saw on facebook a group called "De-Fund the Komen Foundation" and I was appalled. Their info section includes this : "How is it possible that an organization claiming to support saving women's lives also turns its back on an organization that is PROVEN to save women's lives?"

...Proven to save women's lives maybe....but how many others are they proven to TAKE?

Most of their funding might not be for abortion costs, but 1 out of every 10 clients receive an abortion...

and that's too many




It still amazes me that the same people (from a lot of what I see) who support equal rights for all in every area of life are the same ones to support taking the lives of so many precious little ones.

Edited to add - I would make another post ranting about the Komen Foundation's reverse decision, but I'll just say that it sickens me...

No comments:

Post a Comment